The National Young Farmers Conference
Every December, hundreds of beginning farmers from across the United States gather at Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture to learn from agricultural luminaries, peers, and advocacy organizations at the National Young Farmers Conference: Reviving the Culture of Agriculture. On December 3-5, 2014, Stone Barns Center will host the 7th annual National Young Farmers Conference, providing participants with access to inspiring keynotes and unique workshops that address soil science, technical skills, agricultural policy, farm business management, conservation and more.
PRE-CONFERENCE: AGROECOLOGY & CLIMATE CHANGE
On December 3, 2014 Stone Barns Center will host a day of workshops and conversations with scientists, farmers and policy experts to explore issues related to agriculture and climate change, with a focus on mitigation and adaptation strategies.
- August 1: Call for Scholarship Applications
- August 12: Scholarship Application Deadline
- September 8: Lottery Registration Opens
- September 15: Lottery Registration Closes
- October 7: Pre-Conference Registration Opens
- December 3: Pre-Conference
- December 4-5: Conference
The National Young Farmers Conference is presented with support from generous sponsors and partners. For information about 2014 sponsorship opportunities, please contact Erica Helms at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRESS ABOUT THE NATIONAL YOUNG FARMERS CONFERENCE
- 2012: New York Times, Satisfying the Need for Dirty Fingernails
- 2011: National Public Radio, Who are the Young Farmers of ‘Generation Organic’